Its 26 days until I get married!!!!!!!!!!
There will never be enough exclamation points to finish off that sentence. My countdown has begun! And so has my pre-wedding diet… It’s not a particularly strict diet, I’m going to run through what I am eating below to help me trim down before the big day. The point is not to go overboard but I’m just trying to start putting into practice some healthier habits. Last time I went home my dress felt snug so if I happen to lose a pound or two to make it more comfortable on the day – I’d be pretty happy with that. Mostly though I would like to have nice hair, skin and nails on the day as well as feeling more confident. People always tell me diets don’t work and don’t last. I just need to do it for three weeks and this particular one is high on the vitamins so I’m hoping I will be able to see the benefits.
- Breakfast: Mean Green Juice (As seen on Joe Cross’s Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead + an extra carrot)
- Snack 1: Around 11 o’clock
- Lunch: Two rye crackers with low fat soft cheese or humous spread on top, plus a banana
- Snack 2: Around 3 o’clock
- Dinner: Fairly normal meal but slightly more veg than usually would feature! Examples of my meals this week include roasted vegetables with lemon couscous, a sweetpotato, goats cheese and apple quesadilla as well as grilled chicken breast with grilled pineapple, piri-piri sauce and brown rice.
- a handful of mix (made up of cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds and raisins)
- a mini-packet of Nairn’s Gluten Free Oat and Fruit Biscuits
Even though this diet is low on the carbohydrate front I don’t feel deprived – I actually feel like I’m munching all day! Breakfast is quite interesting… one of the ingredients is Kale and it also contains Celery. I think eating vegetable for breakfast (even if I’m not getting much fibre as it’s juice) is a bit harsh on my stomach – especially first thing in the morning! But I’m sure I’ll get used to it! Otherwise I’m enjoying starting my day with something that gives me energy, is packed full of vitamins and tastes fresh and light! I found the recipe on Pinterest once and it’s really simple – all you need to do is pop it in the juicer!
Mean Green Juice with an Extra Carrot
- 3 sticks of celery (leave them whole – no need to chop!)
- 4 apples (I like to cut these into quarters so they go through the juicer easier)
- 1 carrot (I had these in the cupboard so chucked it in – but it tastes nice and gives extra vitamins.)
- Half a bag of chopped kale (this can be fiddly and the bits can get stuck but try and persevere because Kale is great for you!)
- A small chunk of peeled ginger (slightly less than thumb size)
- Half a lemon (with peel removed)
- 1 cucumber (if its massive try half first and see how much juice you get out of it – you may not need to add the rest)
As long as you peel the ginger and lemon, everything can go in as it is! You just put each ingredient through the juicer. My only real piece of advice that I have for doing this recipe is KALE FIRST. Always Kale first! Especially with the chopped variety it doesn’t always go through the juicer very well as it only produces a small amount of liquid. Adding the cucumber or apples (something with a high liquid content) straight after helps wash it all through the machine.